The internet has become a necessity and the way everyone is taking the leap from 4G to 5G and from Wi-Fi 5 to Wi-Fi 6 is indescribable. It just tells us how important staying in sync with the current & upcoming technology is. Technology is an ever evolving and ever-growing mode of communication and it’s what the humankind relies on the most in this 21st century. Wi-Fi 6 is the latest wireless technology that came out in 2019.
Wi-Fi 6 is also known as 802.11ax and is an update for its capacity, efficiency, and performance for advanced level of connectivity. It provides multi-gigabit performance when combined with a stellar internet service or fibre and exceptional performance even over Mesh connectivity. The connectivity that none of the Wi-Fi standards could provide till now is what Wi-Fi 6 provides. Let’s take a look at this and its other features that has kept the world of technology glued to their devices, for very valid and justified reasons.
Wi-Fi 6 grabbing everyone’s attention!
(1) Better connectivity – One of the major concerns for all internet and Wi-Fi users is its connection. At home, we usually hear members of the family complaining about their devices not getting connected to the Wi-Fi access point and the same at workplaces in a room filled with people. Wi-Fi 6 brings to you no connectivity issues, come what may. Whether you are in the middle of a conference in the conference room at work or at home, where guests come in uninvited and get connected with your Wi-Fi network, your connection stays strong.
This also lets the IoT (Internet of Things) easily connect to the Wi-Fi network via the Wi-Fi 6 router.
(2) One network, several devices – With Wi-Fi 6 numerous devices can be connected to the Wi-Fi network and there won’t be connectivity issues. All devices: whether it be laptops, phones, tablets, etc. can be connected to the network and receive the same, great speed and have no connectivity problems at all. So, the benefit of this Wi-Fi 6 network and the wireless access points, can be taken by kids & adults for their online classes plus for T.V. Shows or just for their regular usage of the internet. Wi-Fi 6 combined with the power of Ray platform can provide differentiated QoS to applications.
Wi-Fi 6 is responsible to support all kinds of multiple, high-bandwidth devices running at the same time. Wi-Fi 6 is the Wi-Fi for home and Wi-Fi for corporates.
(3) Wider channels, lesser interferences – The WLAN (wireless local area network) of Wi-Fi 6 transfers data at high speeds. Wi-Fi 6 operates between 1 and 6 GHz, 6 being the best, allowing the users great speeds to connect with. The frequency bands that Wi-Fi 6 operates in is incredible, which is why a number of devices can be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and still have no connectivity issues. Wi-Fi 6 assures no glitches network connection, and the frequency of this network plays a major role. A very recent technology that Wi-Fi 6 uses is called OFDMA (orthogonal frequency division multiple access), which allows one transmission to deliver data to multiple devices at the same time.
(4) More people, weaker connection? – Does your connection go weak and give you troubles at airports, parks, concerts, etc.? With Wi-Fi 6, everyone stays happy even in densely populated areas and constantly connected to their Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi 6 promises terrific connectivity in crowded places and is the upgraded version of the Wi-Fi where it reduces congestion, making Wi-Fi easily usable to all.
(5) Save power & benefit with more consumption – We are in a smart world surrounded by smart devices and Wi-Fi 6 is the smartest Wi-Fi network till date. In this age of technology, we have learnt to save power & resources to be of aid later. Wi-Fi 6 has come up with the Target Wake Time (TWT) that helps in power reduction, increasing battery life. The Wi-Fi 6 network communicates with the devices, scheduling their sleep & wake up time conserving power that way.
Wi-Fi 6 out since 2019?
It’s astounding that this latest Wi-Fi network is out since 2019, but the world still hasn’t started using it full-fledged! Wonder why? That’s because it is super expensive. Not everyone can afford it. Although, it is considered for use in heavily crowded places in order to make cities smarter and to provide public Wi-Fi to a few countries, cities or towns by a few governments around the world. Its reliability, capacity and bandwidth are the alluring features that the Gen Next needs and all expenses for that is worth it. Ray solves this by bringing Wi-Fi 6 at affordable pricings.
What is Wi-Fi 6E?
Wi-Fi 6E is Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) over 6 GHz. Countries and regulatory bodies-including Brazil, Chile, the European Union, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, the U.K., and the U.S. are delivering 6 GHz unlicensed spectrum to their citizens over and above the traditionally used 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio bands. The Wi-Fi Alliance states that Wi-Fi 6E allows for “14 additional 80 MHz channels and 7 additional 160 MHz channels.” It benefits in areas of congestion as these networks won’t overlap each other making operating within those networks simple.
This shall enable high-bandwidth applications that require faster data throughput, as well as lower latency connectivity that is specifically well suited for next generation uses, such as Unified Communications, Cloud Computing, Augmented and Virtual Reality, and Telepresence.
When is Wi-Fi 7 coming out?
Research states that Wi-Fi 7 will be coming out by 2024. With Wi-Fi 7, videos will be streamed in a much better way with a longer range and less issues overall with 30 gigabits per second as Wi-Fi 7 will be out in a couple of years. The technology keeps on evolving. People still aren’t aware about Wi-Fi 6 and there’s already Wi-Fi 6 E and we will see Wi-Fi 7 in the near future, all of it on cloud networking.
So, have you got your Wi-Fi 6 access point yet?